Last Updated: 02-28-2022
By accessing or using www.solomonscertifications.com, the Solomon’s Certifications mobile app, or any other related sites, applications, services and goods, or any other website operated by Solomon’s Certifications LLC that links to this Policy (collectively, the “Website”), you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Policy. You also acknowledge that you understand how we process your personal data in accordance with this Policy, including our collection, use, disclosure, processing, and retention of personal information. You can also learn how to limit sharing of information in this Policy.
This Policy may change from time to time, and any changes we make to this Policy will be posted on our Website. We will also take any other steps, to the extent required by applicable law, including notifying you about material changes to this Policy. Changes to this Policy are effective as of the stated “Last Updated” date. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes to this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Therefore, we recommend that you check the Policy periodically for any updates or changes.
Information We Collect:
This Policy applies to information we collect: (1) from our Website; (2) from email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; (3) from mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website; and (4) from your interactions with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
We collect this information: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) automatically as you navigate through our Website—the information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and (c) from third parties.
- Information You Provide: When you register and use our Website, we ask you to provide or otherwise collect certain personal information about you, such as, your name; e-mail address; physical address or billing information; telephone number or other contact details; payment information (eg., in certain cases, we process your payment method and credit card number); details about your education, profession, and expertise; and additional authentication information, such as copies of your government issued ID, passport, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws. We also collect information about or contained in your communications with Solomon’s Certifications and with other users of Solomon’s Certifications, along with information that you may provide by filling out forms on our Website.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties: We receive information from third party vendors and/or other commercially available sources, such as:
- Third party vendors, who provide us data to supplement the information we collect about you, in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we receive fraud warnings from service providers for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We also receive information from enrichment service providers to enhance and personalize your experience, as well as from advertising and marketing partners in order to manage and measure our campaigns.
- If you link, connect, or login to your account with a third-party service (eg., Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), we receive certain information about you, such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- If you integrate into your account information from third parties or otherwise integrate your account with third party systems, tools or products, we will receive certain information about you according to your permissions at such third parties.
- We also receive certain information about you, if you are invited to Solomon’s Certifications by another user (for example, as part of our collaboration tools and referral program), in such case we will receive limited information, such as your email address or other contact information, and we will use it for the same purpose it was provided and in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
We combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it for the purposes detailed in this Policy.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information:
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “lawful ground” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose;
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g., to provide you with services which you have purchased);
- the processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g., fraud prevention); or
- the processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (e.g., to improve our services to you), subject to your interests and fundamental rights and provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate.
How We Use the Information Collected:
We will use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with quality service and security, to operate the Website, to perform our obligations to you, and to develop and improve our service. For example, we use personal information to verify your identity. We also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity, enable your communications with other members, provide customer support and contact you from time to time. The information helps us to develop and improve our services, to understand and analyze our performance, as well as your preferences and performance, and to customize and personalize our service and enhance your experience.
- To ensure marketplace integrity, including preventing fraud and maintaining a safe and secure marketplace and services. For example, we use personal information to monitor, track, and prevent fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities, to monitor content integrity, to conduct security investigations and risk assessments, to verify or authenticate information provided by you, to enforce our Terms of Service and comply with applicable laws.
- To contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this Policy.
- To promote and advertise the Website and our services. For example, we use the information collected from you for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages (as detailed below), to show you information that may be of interest to you.
- To maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
In addition to the aforementioned purposes, we may also use the information that we have collected from you for “direct marketing” purposes. Specifically:
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, services, or promotions from Solomon’s Certifications that may be of interest to you or our related services. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone, or targeted online advertisements.
- Our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest, or on your consent, or as otherwise permitted according to applicable laws. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time. This right can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com or by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
- We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on the information we have about you.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
How Long We Keep Personal Information:
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We will retain personal information for the following purposes: as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, (e.g., so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge); and in relation to personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Website’s terms, and take other actions as permitted by law.
This Website is offered and available only to users who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under eighteen (18) are not permitted to use the Website or the services offered by Solomon’s Certifications. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under eighteen (18) years of age. However, if we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under eighteen (18) years of age, we will promptly delete that child’s personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under eighteen (18) years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information with Third Parties:
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, we may disclose your personal information with third parties as detailed below:
- With other users and Website visitors. Once you register, your username, contact details, and any additional information you may choose to add to your profile is made public and is visible to all users of the Website. We also offer you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, blogs, and on other similar features. Please be aware that certain information, such as your username and profile, together with the content uploaded by you, will be publicly displayed when you use such features. Your information will also be shared with other users when you message or otherwise communicate with such users. When you publish your information and/or share your data with other users, you do so at your own risk. If you choose to share personal information with other users, such personal information is shared with other users as separate controllers. While our Terms of Service requires that users of our Website keep the information shared with them confidential, Solomon’s Certifications cannot ensure that all users will do so, and therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that other users will comply with your standards.
- With Service Providers. We share personal information for business purposes with service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating the Website, opening and operating your account, as well as providing ancillary services and solutions. These include, among others, hosting services, billing and payment processors and vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, data and cybersecurity services, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT SaaS services, session recording, communication systems, mailing systems, data optimization and marketing services, data enrichment services, legal and financial advisors or technical consultants. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- For legal reasons. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities, or other parties in order to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Solomon’s Certifications, our customers, or the public.
- For payments and fraud detection. We share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies, and similar third parties for the purpose of facilitating payments done via the Website, securing the Website, and protecting the Website against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities.
- With users with whom you interact. We share personal information to help facilitate interactions between users. However, any such sharing of information is limited in scope and is only intended to improve the services provided to each user and each user’s experience.
- In the context of a corporate transaction. Personal information will also be disclosed if we go through a business transition, such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of Solomon’s Certification’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event. In the event that we sell any portion of our business and/or assets, we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Information:
When any of the personal information you provide to us is stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Please note that the Website may contain links to third party sites. If you navigate to a third-party site from the Website, any data you provide to that third party site, and any use of that data by the third party, are not under the control of Solomon’s Certifications and are not subject to this Policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each site you visit. This Policy applies solely to personal information collected by our Website.
We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain the security of our Website, our services, and your personal information, which are designed to help prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or damage. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Among other things, we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification (with respect to payment by credit cards), as required. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. In addition, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your personal information equally provides for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way.
That said, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving you’re your personal information in public areas of the Website, such as messaging boards, because the information that you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. However, any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Further information about our data security practices can be provided on request.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to us. Accordingly, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from Solomon’s Certifications. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by Solomon’s Certifications to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Solomon’s Certifications as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information:
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible, where necessary, or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you have any questions (or comments) concerning this Policy, or wish to exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, we kindly ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe.